NEWBORN CARE SPECIALIST
What is a Newborn Care Specialist (NCS)?
A Newborn Care Specialist is trained specifically for newborn care, and works with babies from birth through several months, depending on the needs of the family and baby (or babies!). We have a variety of skills and experience with caring for newborns and have expertise in not just newborn care, but parent education and support. The services we provide include:
- Assistance and education for parents after the baby is born and settling in at home
- Changing diapers and bathing
- Help with breastfeeding and/or formula and bottle feeding
- Creating a stimulating environment for a baby when awake
- Documenting sleep, eating, and changing patterns for the baby
- Helping the baby transition to a routine/schedule
What is a Postpartum Doula (PPD)?
A Postpartum Doula is a professional who offers care for the whole family. Some services provided but not limited to:
- Household Support
- Sibling Care
- Run Errands
- Newborn/Infant Care
- Breastfeeding support
- Identify postpartum mood disorders
Postpartum Doulas can work day, night, or around-the-clock shifts.
What is a sleep consultant?
Using sleep shaping/training/sculpting methods that are within the boundaries of what you are comfortable with regarding your baby and how you wish to have your concerns addressed, we endeavor to train your baby to sleep a 12-hour stretch overnight.
**Please note this does not apply to a baby under 12lbs in weight, is medically unwell or under 12 weeks of age.